Monday, February 1, 2010

I've been in Rome for a little less than a week now, and I can truly say I love it here. There have definitely been a few stressful moments, but thats to be expected when moving to a new place especially with the language barrier and everything. Turns out red wine makes me weepy too... Anyway, ISA has taken us on a few in-city excursions to get us orientated and we also got to see the colosseum and the forum. I had seen them before but in the middle of the summer. I can honestly say they are way better in the winter. Less people make it way easier to enjoy what you are seeing.

Other than that, I have really just been getting settled in the City. I know more italian than i realized, and I have really enjoyed putting those skills to work. The grocery store is across the street and today i visited an open market to buy fruit. Everything tastes so good here, even when Im cooking it. I really like a lot of people here, all my roommates as well as others in the program. We already have some fun trips in the making. I am really excited to travel.

Flashbacks from when I first came here are rampant. I think my roommates are getting annoyed with my many stories from when here before. But i cant help it! If anyone from Ciccino Mio is reading this, I found the chinese restaurant we went to! It made me miss you all all over again. Im excited to find my new italy though...

So, no completely exciting stories yet. So far so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment