Monday, January 18, 2010

The beginning...

I leave for Rome in about 7 days, and I feel like I needed an entry before I leave. I make no promises with this Blog. It is primarily here for my family, and others who are forced to pay attention to my life. Who knows, maybe I'll write a lot. (but probably not)

Anyway, today I woke up unbelievably excited. Most of you know, I have been to the eternal city before. I spent 5 weeks in Italy with EIL a high school travel program. It changed my life, blah blah blah, and I have found that in the four years since that first exposure to La Italia, I have been sorta chasing what ever it was I found there.

However, much has changed since that trip. Im no longer an artist and I am a whole lot less passionate among a plethora of other changes. Who knows what lesson Italy will teach me this time?

I feel like it is important to mention a fairly new development in my life that is somewhat unexpected, but will undoubtably be something I will need to work out in Italy. It seems so tragically cliche to be.. gulp... getting over a boy while in Italy, but thats the way things have worked out. Don't get me wrong, Elizabeth Gilbert, I thoroughly enjoyed Eat Pray Love, I just deeply hope that just because a boy I care for very deeply has decided to completely sever me from his life for essentially no reason, it wont consume my thoughts for the next 4 months.

Despite my intense betrayal and pain I feel about the whole situation, there were definitely aspects of our relationship that were toxic, and a part of me feels very free to be released from them. And what better way to re grow and learn about yourself then some travel?!

So La Italia, I cannot wait to see you in about a week. Its going to be a good semester :)

Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment